Constant's pations

If it's more than 30 minutes old, it's not news. It's a blog.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Rove and Libby: Here's a challenge

Libby and Rove. It's coming down to the wire. Which are you going to choose: Tyranny or the Constitution?

My friends think that you guys are toast. But I think you're actually going to fight it out.

They said that you are all powerful. That you are somehow going to get out of this mess. I say that you both are going to go down hard.

But here's the problem. We need more evidence to show that you guys are actually assholes.

So, here's my offer to you. If you can find me and identify the author of an important historical quote and show which famous person said that quote, I will admit that you are all powerful.

If you are all powerful, you already know the author of the quote, who said it, and what the quote is.

However, let us be clear. This challenge has never been previously been addressed.

I am willing to bet that if you do not find out this information, it will be a sign that you are busy with other things like: Talking to your attorney about your defense against war crimes; making up new press releases to get out of the Bloomberg allegations; and talking to your friends in the basement.

Here's what you need to do: You need to stop reading my blog, stay off my website, and don't worry about me.

There's nothing that I can say or do that will cut you down or make your situation worse.

However, if you believe that there is something that I can do to make your situation "less severe," then by all means I'm willing to sit down and talk to you and listen.

Either way, you know how to get a hold of me. Remember, if you are truly as powerful as you say you are, you will be able to find me.

I'm willing to bet that you can't find me.

So, what's it going to be:

  • Will Libby and Rove demonstrate they are all powerful;

  • Will Libby and Rove prove that they can defeat anyone, even a monkey like me?

  • Will Libby and Rove take the time to discuss matters of state with someone they most detest, but are unable to find?

  • Will Libby and Rove wave their magic wand and hope that Constant goes away?

    It's up to you. You and your friends like to talk to terrorists in Iraq. Will you dare sit down with American citizens?

    I don't think you will. I think you are afraid, incompetent, and there are actually limits to your power.

    You can't find me. And that is your problem. I am beyond your control.

    You are weak. I am strong. And the harder you try, the harder I am to find.

    There are some things you cannot do. I am your reminder of your weaknesses. And that you are going to go down hard.

    It is only a matter of time. You will fall before you can find me.

    I remain the one thing that is beyond your capabilities. That is why my name is Constant, and you're stuck in the White House and Vice President's quarters.

    You're stuck. I'm free.

    And there's nothing you can do about it.

    You haven't even started, and you've already lost. It sucks to be you.

    You can out a CIA operative name, but you can't do something simple like this. Kind of funny, especially when all those people who work "for you," grovel at your legs in terror.

    You're afraid of me. You are afraid of a monkey like me.

    Fair warning to all in the White House and Vice President's quarters: Libby and Rove are powerless if you refuse to be fearful of them.

    There's nothing they can do if everyone joins me. They can't possibly intimidate the entire planet of 6.2Billion people.

    I'm willing to do this on my own. And Rove and Libby are afraid.

    There's no reason to fear them. Their days are numbered: The prosecutor is getting closer.

    Choose: Tyranny or a Constitution.

    The right choice is with the Constitution.

    The other choice is the wrong one.

    What's it going to be Libby and Rove?

    300 Million of us. You going to do to them what you can't do to me?

    I don't think so. They'll see that nothing happens to me.

    As there will be nothing that happens to them.

    Give up. We can see through you. Your power is illusory. The world sees through you.

    A monkey like me can see it. Imagine what all the smart people around you are thinking.

    Soon they will do more than talk about it. They won't be there. You'll be on your own.

    With nobody to help you.

    I have offered you my assistance. Will you take the offer?

    I think you are afraid. Afraid for your future. And nervous.

    I am winning. You are losing. And your staff knows that you are limited. They know your weaknesses. You are insecure. And we see you as you are: Unreliable, weak, and incompetent.

    That is not something that inspires confidence. And it inspires more contempt for you.

    The world now sees you for what you are. Your peers see it. And those who were once afraid, now know they can stand up.

    Nothing has happened to me. Just as there is nothing that will happen to any of them.

    You have no power. You are an illusion. The rule of law and the constitution is bringing the net closer to you, and the noose is getting tired.

    You are running out of friends. You're not yesterday's news. Not yet. But there's also the knowledge that you will do more to lash out.

    What's stopping you? You're afraid.