Constant's pations

If it's more than 30 minutes old, it's not news. It's a blog.

Monday, December 13, 2004

Can the self-deluded actually solve problems?

Sure. If nobody bothers to check the results.

Canada's got this current "thing" with bashing countries that dare exercise soverignty. Take the recent outburst by one Parliamentarian. I won't mention her name as I know I don't have all the facts.

Suffice it to say she's not all that happy with her neighbor to the south, George.

Last I heard, she was stomping on a doll of George shouting, "Coalition of the idiots." Probably I missed some important point.

What I do not understand, though [if her premis is true], that America is full of idiots, how do we explain how "so much can happen in a land of idiots."

I'm talking scientific progress. Mind you, they haven't had a major social outburst since the 1960s. And the last civil war was over 100 years ago.

America might be full of idiots, but it sure does make some pretty facinating reading. If only they could fix my problems before they occurred.